Excursion Itinerary :
- If you are the type of tourist who loves nature and trekking, the gorge of Samaria is a must for you to visit. It is located on the southwest part of Crete, south of Chania. Not only it is the longest gorge in Europe, but it is full of breathtaking natural views. You will reach the entrance passing through the Omalos plateau. After that, your walking starts and it will end at the village of Agia Roumeli, where you can relax by eating on a lovely greek tavern and/or by swimming on its lovely beach. Then you can enjoy a one-hour boat trip back to the village of Sfakia, the revolutionary village, where you will start your way back to your place. The whole tour of the Samaria gorge offers the visitor opportunities to admire the wild side of nature on Crete. From the views of Omalos plain, the highlights of nature and history in the gorge to the calm coastal village of Agia Roumeli, your eyes are going to be amazed by the end of this full day. A tour not to be missed.
- Duration: 19 hours *
- Hotel - 06:55 On the way to Omalos
- 06:55 - 07:15 Resting break
- 07:15 - 09:30 On the way to Omalos
- 09:30 - 09:50 Arrival in Omalos for last supplies
- 09:50 - 10:00 On the way to Xyloskalo
- 10:00 - 17:00 Gorge crossing towards Agia Roumeli
- 17:00 - 17:30 Embarkation
- 17:30 - 18:30 Boat trip to Sfakia
- 18:30 - 18:40 Walk to the bus
- 18:40 - 20:30 On the way back
- 20:30 - 20:50 Resting break
- 20:50 - Hotel On the way back
*Accurate time of departure and return depends on were your hotel is located.
* Itinerary is subject to minor alterations depending on traffic, weather conditions or any other unpredictable circumstance.
- It is recommended that you wear hiking boots or ankle-high shoes (sport shoes)
- The excursion is not suitable for elderly, pregnant women, overweight and generally for people with health problems
- The price does not include the 5,00 € entrance fee to the gorge and the boat ticket of 12.50 €.
- Due to the long duration of the tour, those customers who are on half board is good to be informed to exchange their hotel dinner for a lunch basket
- Customers should pay close attention to the information given by their guide and especially regarding meeting or departure times.