Knossos - Museum - Heraklion
Tuesday - Saturday
Excursion Itinerary :
- Find yourselves learning about the history and culture of Crete by joining us on the tour to Knossos, Museum, and Heraklion. Starting from the Minoan palace of Knossos, discover with a guided tour the history of the 4000-year-old Minoan civilization, maybe the first European civilization. Then proceed to the Archeological Museum of Heraklion, with findings covering a span of 5,500 years of Cretan history. In the museum, there is also a guided tour. Finally, visit the center of Heraklion, where you will have free time to stroll in the streets with shops, cafes, and monuments of the island’s more recent history.
- Duration: 10 hours *
- Hotel - 09:50 On the way to Knossos
- 09:50 - 12:00 Guided tour in the palace of Knossos
- 12:00 - 12:30 On the way to Heraklion town
- 12:30 - 13:30 Guided tour in the Archaeological Museum
- 13:30 - 14:00 Brief guided tour in Heraklion town center
- 14:00 - 15:30 Free time in Heraklion town
- 15:30 - Hotel On the way back
*Accurate time of departure and return depends on were your hotel is located.
* Itinerary is subject to minor alterations depending on traffic, weather conditions or any other unpredictable circumstance.
- The tour in Knossos Palace is always in small groups which do not exceed the number of 50 persons by group, thus everyone will be able to listen and follow the guide.
- The entrance fee to Knossos Palace + Heraklion Museum costs 16,00 €.
- Discount is given to children, students (providing student card) and elders over 67.
- An excursion not to be missed.