Excursion Itinerary :
- If you thought that Crete was all about beaches, one tour to the Lassithi plateau will make you change your mind. The plateau is located at the east side of Crete, on the region of Lassithi. A very fertile land, it used to be full of windmills that were used by the residents two centuries ago. Religion, tradition, and mythology are found all together in this place. Start your tour with a visit to the monastery of Kera Kardiotissa, with its miraculous icon of Mary and ancient frescoes. Then pass your way through the plateau until the village of Psychro, where the Diktaean cave is located. This is where Zeus, the father of the gods was born. Learn about the fascinating mythology through your visit to the cave. After that, you can make the last stop during your descend to the picturesque village of Krasi. Enjoy a refreshing stroll on the small square of the village and admire one of the oldest and bigger plane trees of the Mediterranean sea.
- Duration: 10 hours *
- Hotel- 09:50 On the way to Kera Kardiotissa Monastery
- 09:50 - 10:40 Arrival at Kera Kardiotissa guided tour in the Monastery
- 10:40 - 11:10 On the way to Dictaean Cave
- 11:10 - 12:40 Arrival at Psychro and walk to the Dictaean Cave
- 12:40 - 13:40 Visit at the pottery in the village of Psychro
- 13:40 - 14:00 On the way to Seli Ambellou
- 14:00 - 15:00 Arrival at Seli Ambelou for lunch
- 15:00 - 15:20 On the way to Krasi village
- 15:20 - 16:00 Free time to visit the village
- 16:00 - Hotel On the way back
*Accurate time of departure and return depends on were your hotel is located.
* Itinerary is subject to minor alterations depending on traffic, weather conditions or any other unpredictable circumstance.