Knossos - Lassithi Plateau
Monday - Thursday
Excursion Itinerary :
- Crete is an island full of tradition, religion, and mythology. Explore this fascinating side of the island by visiting the Lassithi plateau and the Minoan palace of Knossos. The Lassithi plateau is located at the east side of Crete, on the region of Lassithi. Start your tour with the Monastery of Kera Kardiotissa and learn about its miraculous icon and impressive frescoes. Then continue to the village of Psychro, where you can visit the astonishing cave of Zeus, the father of the Olympian gods. It is a destination of nature and mythology interest. Then visit a pottery workshop, where you will see a craftsman in action, and have a lunch stop (optional) at Seli Ampelou, with a panorama of the old windmills and the plateau. Finally, visit the Minoan palace of Knossos, where the first civilization of Europe was formed 4000 years ago.
- Duration: 11 hours *
- Hotel- 09:50 On the way to Kera Kardiotissa Monastery
- 09:50 - 10:40 Arrival at Kera Kardiotissa guided tour in the Monastery
- 10:40 - 11:00 On the way to Dictaean Cave
- 11:00 - 12:30 Arrival at Psychro and walk to the Dictaean Cave
- 12:30 - 13:15 Visit at the pottery in the village of Psychro
- 13:15 - 13:40 Drive around Lassithi plateau
- 13:40 - 14:40 Arrival at Seli Ambelou for lunch
- 14:40 - 15:45 On the way to Knossos
- 15:45 - 17:20 Guided tour in Knossos palace
- 17:20 - Hotel On the way back
*Accurate time of departure and return depends on were your hotel is located.
* Itinerary is subject to minor alterations depending on traffic, weather conditions or any other unpredictable circumstance.
- The entrance fees to Knossos Palace is 15,00 €, to Dikteon cave is 6,00 € and to Kera Monastery is 3,00 €.
- This is an excursion that combines a visit to the most important historical and archaeological monuments of Crete together with the opportunity to come closer to the traditional Cretan nature and culture.
- Combining two excursions into one saves time and money for the customer.