Knossos - Lassithi Plateau
Monday - Thursday
Excursion Details :
- Initially we stop at Psichro to visit the Dikteon cave where it is believed that Zeus was born.
- The tour continues with a stop at a workshop of handmade traditional pottery. There you will observe the local potters in wheel action and the adventurers may join the hands-on experience with the clay and create their own ceramics.
- Lunch stop with traditional Cretan food and a quick approach to the Cretan village life style will be at Tzermiado.
- On the mountain road we stop at the pretty monastery of Kera Kardioitissa with its well-known frescoes, witness of the religious Byzantine era and art.
- Last stop of this excursion will be the most important archaeological treasure of Crete, the Minoan Palace of Knossos.
- The entrance fees to Knossos Palace is 6,00 €, to Dikteon cave is 4,00 € and to Kera Monastery is 3,00 €.
- This is an excursion that combines a visit to the most important historical and archaeological monuments of Crete together with the opportunity to come closer to the traditional Cretan nature and culture.
- Combining two excursions into one saves time and money for the customer.