Gramvousa - Balos
Excursion Details :
- Departure with the boat for Gramvousas from the port of Kastelli Kissamos.
- This fantastic journey will take approximately 45 minutes. In the waters of west Crete we often see the sea turtle Caretta-Caretta and the Monachus monk seal. At the end of the golf we notice an impressive geological phenomenon where the western part of the island is raised.
- Our first stop is Gramvoùsa where we stay for about two hours. Here, apart from enjoying the sea, we can visit the Venetian castle built in 1579 on the top of a steep rock at a height of 137 meters.
- Following our visit to Gramvousa, the boat will depart for the lagoon of Balos, a journey of approximately 15 minutes. Your stay at the lagoon, where you can enjoy a fantastic swim, will last for about three hours. Surely, Balos is one of the most beautiful parts of Greece, with its unique sandy beach and its abundant variety of shells.
- Customers need to have with them a complete swimwear set (swimsuit, towels, hat, sunscreen, etc.).
- Umbrellas can be rented from the boat.
- For those who wish to have food on the boat it should be notified in advance and pay the extra charge on booking. Otherwise they can order on board on their own charge (there are no shops in Gramvousa)
- Extra charged is the boat ticket , costed 18,00 € and the local Municipality fee , costed 1,00 € .