Gramvousa - Balos
Excursion Itinerary :
- Explore the island of Gramvousa, the “pirates” island located on the Gulf of Kissamos, at the northwest part of Crete. Starting from the port of Kissamos, enjoy a one hour and 15 minutes cruise to the island. Arriving, climb up to the Venetian fortress, feel like a pirate and enjoy the magnificent view of Balos lagoon. After the visit to the fortress, swim in the crystal clear waters of the island and/or go back to the boat. Then take the boat for another 15 minutes to the lagoon of Balos. Swim on its crystal clear and shallow waters and admire its pink-ish sand, consisted of thousands of crushed shells.
- Duration: 17 hours *
- Hotel - 07:40 On the way to Kissamos port
- 07:40 - 08:00 Resting break
- 08:00 - 10:10 On the way to Kissamos port
- 10:10 - 10:40 Arrival at Kissamos port and boat embarkation
- 10:40 - 11:40 Boat trip to Gramvousa island
- 11:40 - 11:50 Arrival at Gramvousa island. Disembarkation
- 11:50 - 13:20 Visit to the Venetian castle and swimming time
- 13:20 - 13:30 Embarkation. Departure from the island
- 13:30 - 13:50 Boat trip to Balos
- 13:50 - 14:00 Arrival at Balos. Disembarkation
- 14:00 - 16:20 Exploration and relaxation time in Balos
- 16:20 - 16:30 Embarkation Departure from Balos
- 16:30 - 17:45 Boat trip to Kissamos port
- 17:45 - 19:40 On the way back
- 19:40 - 20:00 Resting break
- 20:00 - Hotel On the way back
*Accurate time of departure and return depends on were your hotel is located.
* Itinerary is subject to minor alterations depending on traffic, weather conditions or any other unpredictable circumstance.